Wednesday, March 26, 2003

QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES

Trooper sent to prison for drug rip-off

Davis still faces charges of solicitation of capital murder for allegedly trying to have two witnesses against him killed. He will return to court today to face those charges.

Ordinarily, Texas State Troopers are the guys I prefer to pull me over if I have to get a ticket. They're well trained, well educated, professional, and courteous. I'm glad I've never had to deal with this guy...

Racial profiling reports decried

And Harris County Constable Victor Trevino said the reports from his officers are even less helpful. Trevino discovered recently that, rather than identifying Hispanic motorists separately, his deputies often identified them as white.

So it's not just the Houston Police Department; other local representatives of Harris County's law enforcement community are being fishy about racial profiling, too.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$