Sunday, July 15, 2012

GRIEVING NOTES, THE WHOLE RUN

A friend of mine lost her father last week, and I wanted to do something for her. I collected the links for the series I wrote here at Real Art back in 2007 recounting the week my mother died back in October of that year. Actually, going back and scanning these through was kind of tough for me, even though the fifth anniversary of her death is approaching. I guess that was kind of the point in writing the thing in the first place: at the time, I felt like what was happening to me was profound in some way, and I wanted to make a record of it.

At any rate, I had been meaning to collect the Grieving Notes series in one post, if only so I could add it to the Real Art's Greatest Hits section. So here it is:

Prelude: A Death in My Family

Grieving Notes: Introduction

Day One: Monday, October 15, 2007

Day Two: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, Part One: Morning and Afternoon

Grieving Notes: Interlude

Day Two: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, Part Two: Evening

Day Three: Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Day Four: Thursday, October 18, 2007

Day Five: Friday, October 19, 2007

It's probably some of the best stuff I've ever written, but that makes sense because I was trying to be honest. It's also the most difficult stuff I've ever written, for obvious reasons. Hopefully, I won't be writing anything else like it for a while.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$