Tuesday, November 13, 2007

GRIEVING NOTES

Interlude


Well, when I first visualized writing this series on the five days following my mother's death, I figured I'd be done with it in a week or two. Obviously, that hasn't been the case; a couple of issues have been slowing me down. First, I'm finding that I can't just sit down and whip these posts out. There's a lot of story to tell, and I want to tell it right. I can't do that haphazardly, so they're taking longer than expected. Second, they're not easy to write. I definitely have to stop to cry, multiple times, which isn't really all that surprising. Yeah, it's some good catharsis, but it's also easy to put the whole thing off, purposely delay, because I know it's going to hurt.

And now I'm about to take a road trip back to Kingwood for my younger brother's wedding this Saturday. That's going to be a bittersweet affair, let me tell you, coming so quickly on the heels of Mom's death. Anyway, the point is that I've never been able to be focused enough to blog on the road, which is why I'm going to delay my Grieving Notes series even more, with the next installment coming maybe next Monday.

At any rate, normal blogging will resume here. Someday. Hopefully before the new year.


My mom at some point in the mid 1960s.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$