Monday, August 30, 2004

BILL O'REILLY DEMANDS TO
GO TO A GAY BATHHOUSE

This has actually been known for nearly two years now (it's from Dan Savage's Savage Love column back in October of 2002), but it's quite new to me, so up it goes on my blog. From the Stranger.com courtesy of J. Orlin Grabbe:

I made the mistake of telling O'Reilly the truth: I hate gay bathhouses and I think they should be closed. This is not a new position. I've been an on-the-record gay-bathhouse basher for 10 years now. (And, guys, are gay bathhouses even necessary these days? Websites like Gay.com have basically turned every gay man's apartment into a virtual/potential gay bathhouse, so do we really need to go to the real thing anymore? Why eat out when you can order in?)

O'Reilly pounced. "I want to go to a gay bathhouse!" he barked. "I want to go to a gay bathhouse!" I was stunned. There I was, sitting across the table from the darling of the American right, and... and... he was shouting at me about wanting to go to a gay bathhouse. "If I want to pursue happiness in a gay bathhouse, shouldn't I be free to do that, Mr. Savage?" I didn't know what to say. If Bill O'Reilly wanted to go to a gay bathhouse, well, who was I to tell him he shouldn't?


Click here for the rest of the shocking truth about cable TV's favorite butthole.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$