Monday, August 23, 2004

TEN THOUSAND HITS FOR REAL ART

Click
here for mood music (a cheesy, but infectious, midi of Led Zeppelin's "Celebration Day").

Look:



That is, 10,000 hits since February 8, 2003. My blog actually started November 7, 2002, but only a very few people knew about it at that point, and I hadn't submitted it to the search engines yet, so February '03 is as good of a start point as any. I guess I'm doing okay; overall, I think I'm averaging around twenty hits or so a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. At this point, I still have no idea how to increase my numbers, but I'm certainly happy for the faithful true believers who regularly visit my site, especially those who like to comment. This little celebration is a thank you, Real Art readers, for your support.

Hooray!



Check out my recently updated links over to the left--I've removed a few that even I don't visit anymore (I mean "Jump the Shark," who cares?), and I've added a few that should have been there earlier, like for some cool Houston theater companies, or for the blog of a new friend,
Mike Switzer. You should also check out the new Blogger toolbar up top. At first, I didn't like or understand it because it was covering my title line and stuck out like a sore thumb, but after some html tweaking and a color change, I've gotten into it's groove: it has a feature that allows you to search this blog, and another feature that links to a random blog. Try that last one out; I've come across some pretty weird stuff.

Yea for Real Art!!!

I'll celebrate again at 25,000.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$