Tuesday, June 21, 2005

THE NEW ANTI-WAR MAJORITY

From CNN courtesy of
Eschaton:

Nearly six in 10 Americans oppose the war in Iraq and a growing number of them are dissatisfied with the war on terrorism, according to a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll released Monday.

Only 39 percent of those polled said they favored the war in Iraq -- down from 47 percent in March -- and 59 percent were opposed.

Click
here for the rest.

When I started this blog back in the fall of '02, I think something like 80% of the country was in favor of the invasion. I watched what I said at the school where I was teaching. I was flipped off by motorists as I participated at a peace demonstration the next spring. I watched, mouth dropped open, as the Dixie Chicks were reviled by one and all for their anti-war views. I listened to an endless stream of idiot television pundits and retarded radio talk show hosts call the anti-war movement everything from irresponsible to treasonous.

It's nice to be in the majority for once. Now let's end this bloody "mistake."

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$