Saturday, September 23, 2006

DID TYPHOID DO TO BIN LADEN
WHAT BUSH WOULD NOT?


From Reuters:

French paper says bin Laden died in Pakistan


A French regional newspaper quoted a French secret service report on Saturday as saying that Saudi Arabia is convinced that al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden died of typhoid in Pakistan last month.

L'Est Republicain printed what it said was a copy of the report dated September 21 and said it was shown to President Jacques Chirac, Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin and France's interior and defence ministers on the same day.

"According to a usually reliable source, the Saudi services are now convinced that Osama bin Laden is dead," the document said.

Click here for the rest.

I don't have much to say about this at the moment, other than something along the lines of "this may or may not be true," but it strikes me as big news, and I happen to be awake at the moment, when most sensible bloggers are sleeping, so I figured, what the hell, I'll have it waiting for whatever grownups happen to wander into Real Art when the sun comes up later this morning, maybe scooping the big boys in the process. Having successfully extended my adolescence well into my thirties, I will not be one of those early rising grownups, myself. Anyway, "scooping" is of course being wildly misused here, in that I didn't actually do any of the reporting on this story, but it will be nice to think that I'm among the first few bloggers to post on the death of this real life Marvel Comics supervillain.

If it's true.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! In your face Atrios! Have a kick in the Kos, Daily Kos! I said something about this before you did! Nyah, nyah! I am so great. I am so great. I am so great. I am so great. (Repeat until nausea sets in.)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$