Saturday, December 30, 2006

REAL ART BREAKS 50,000 HITS!

Mood midi file here.

Okay, that was fast.

Early Friday evening I made it to 50,000 hits. I've been counting hits here at Real Art since about February of 2003, and in nearly thirteen months I've managed to double the hit total for my first three years. Pretty wild. Of course, this is nothing compared to the big boys like Kos or Eschaton, who count daily hits in the millions, or even the mid-size guys like Rob Salkowitz over at Emphasis Added, who get hundreds everyday. Further, some three quarters of my visitors are coming in on Google and other search engines, often for image searches, so they're definitely not fans--all that reminds me that maybe I should try to soak the phenomenon a bit and post more pictures; you guys like cool and famous paintings? Anyway, the point is that this isn't really that big of a deal. On the other hand, blogging is something of a labor of love for me, so it's nice to sit back and congratulate myself from time to time.

So congratulations to me.



You know, that champagne picture is a bit obscene if you think about it for a moment, which makes my choice for mood music, "Afterglow" by Genesis, all the more appropriate. Well, I guess it won't hurt to sex things up a little--I mean, it's just a bottle of bubbly after all.

I'll celebrate again at 100,000. I wonder how quickly I'll get there?



$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$