Tuesday, January 23, 2007

LOW CLASS ASSHOLES

From WAFB TV in Baton Rouge:

Some Saints Fans Say the Weather in
Chicago Wasn't Nearly as Cold as the Fans


Just to be clear, the fans Avery spoke with say the majority of people in Chicago were very nice, but you know what they say about a few bad apples and it appears some were very bad.

It's easy for Saints fans to push away Bears fans that interrupt their interview, but pictures like this one hit much deeper.


And

One Saints fan says she has a memory she can't bleep out. This is what she says a Bears fan had to say at her hotel.

Susan Joly says a Bears fan said, "'Oh yeah, you thought Katrina was bad' and just really not giving them any chance to say, you know, the man lost his wife and child in Katrina and they were ragging him over that and it was just terrible."


Click here for the rest.

Of course, there are low class assholes everywhere, but this is certainly worth a mention, if only to illustrate this creeping feeling that I've had for months now: much of the country has no fucking idea just how badly Katrina hit New Orleans. I mean, to be fair, I've stuck my foot in my mouth in almost the same way on more than one occasion, especially when I was younger. But, whoa, this is pretty hardcore:



Fucking assholes. The only thing I can think is that these kids, and others, too, because it was definitely more than just the people in this picture, had absolutely no idea what they were actually saying. Like I said, I really get the feeling that many Americans just don't know what happened and is still happening. But when all is said and done, this hurt, and I'm not even from New Orleans.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$