Saturday, February 24, 2007

CAPTAIN SULU STRIKES A BLOW FOR GAY RIGHTS

From AlterNet:

When former NBA star Tim Hardaway was asked about the recent coming out of another former player, John Amaechi, he replied: "I hate gay people... let it be known I don't like gay people. I'm homophobic."

And

Well, on the Jimmy Kimmel show this week, Star Trek's George Takei (Mr. Sulu), a gay man and a human being, responds with a hysterical and bold promise... watch upper right...

Click here to see the video.

I've never really gotten past how much Kimmel annoyed me when he was doing the extraordinarily stupid The Man Show on MTV some years back, and I also hate that he replaced the often thought-provoking Bill Maher show when he was bounced for being too politically incorrect in the wake of 9/11, but Jimmy's definitely got good writers, and he's usually the only thing worth watching at that hour, especially if you're bored with Leno and Letterman. And I'm always happy to watch Captain Sulu. Go check this out; it's pretty damned funny.

And Hardaway, the prick, really deserves to be nailed.



$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$