Sunday, June 03, 2007

GREAT ROBOTS FROM FILM & TV

From RetroCRUSH:

I've always loved robots. From their earliest appearances in film to present day, they've always had a charm that's hard to resist. Here's a collection of some of my favorites throughout time. Some are just cool, and some are goofy as hell, but they're all great fun. I'm particularly fond of Maria from the 1926 Fritz Lang classic Metropolis. You can see how her styling was the basis for C3PO over 50 years later. And you can't not like Robby The Robot who may have the distinction of being the only robot to get featured billing in two different movie projects. And I know Ultraman may not be a "true" robot, but damn if that picture of him with a surfboard isn't too cool to pass up!

Click here for buttloads of robot pics!

Yeah, I love robots, too, the goofier the better. Okay, I like badass robots as well, but I've definitely got a soft spot in my heart for bad special effects, and when you put bad effects together with robots, you've got something pretty wonderful.

Here are some of my favorites:


K9 from Dr. Who


Robbie the Robot from Forbidden Planet. That's Morbius next to him,
one of the great mad scientists in film history.



Box from Logan's Run, probably my favorite robot of all time

You'd really be screwing yourself over if you don't go check out the list.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$