Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wear a sweater on March 20 to honor Mister Rogers

From the AP via the Houston Chronicle:

March 20th is being promoted as "Sweater Day" to honor Rogers, who died of cancer five years ago. A sweater was his trademark garb on "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood."

Click here for more.

Cardigan sweaters are way cool. I've been wearing them for years, usually bought for a dollar or so at thrift stores; it's a nice way of adding some classiness to the jeans and tee shirt look, hearkening back to my favorite era in American history, the mid twentieth century, the apex of men's fashion, and when jazz was still relevant. Back when I was teaching high school, almost always in a sweater due to the intense year round air conditioning, my students would often call me Mr. Rogers.

Of course, there was only ever one Mr. Rogers. And we should all honor him by wearing a sweater on Thursday. I know I will.

Here's a speedy delivery on the subject:



So let's make the most of this beautiful day!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$