Saturday, May 10, 2008

FIRST MOTHER'S DAY WITHOUT MOM

I got nothin'.

I mean, I could go into some deep contemplation, I suppose, of what it means to spend Mother's Day without Mom, like I did when I chronicled my thoughts and feelings in the weeks and months immediately after her death last October, but it would just be too painful. That is, I'm not thinking about it at all. Trying not to.

I'm on for the dinner shift Sunday at work, starting at three, which means I'll be coming into Mother's Day restaurant mayhem, and that might be difficult, seeing everybody dining out with their mothers, all happy and everything, but focusing on table-waiting multitasking ought to dilute it to some extent. But right now, there's no way I'm going to personally rub my own nose in it.


Instead, here's a picture of Mom with me holding my first bass guitar when I was fifteen, back in 1983. She really did love me.



$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$