Monday, July 07, 2008

REAL ART VIDEO WEEK!
THE U.S. VS. JOHN LENNON

From Wikipedia:

The U.S. vs. John Lennon is a 2006 documentary film about British musician John Lennon's transformation from a member of The Beatles to a rallying anti-war activist striving for world peace during the late 1960s and early 1970s. The film also details the attempts by the United States government under President Richard Nixon to silence him.

More here.

I've known about John's struggles with INS since I was a kid, but I always figured it as some kind of early "war on drugs" thing, rather than as something coming down from a very nervous Oval Office. I mean, for god's sake, how the hell could a Beatle end up on Nixon's enemies list? That's always struck me as mondo bizarre. But this film spells it out very clearly: John Lennon was on the verge of shepherding some very real political change here in America, which scared the fuck out of establishment elites.

God, I fucking love John Lennon.

Check it out:


via videosift.com

Power to the people, right on!!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$