Wednesday, August 20, 2008

KILL THE LIBERALS!
CONSERVATIVE "HUMOR"


Courtesy of This Modern World:



Click here to see lots of other "funny" right wing novelty products.

Okay. So imagine yourself sitting at a bar somewhere talking politics with a friend. It's a fun conversation. You're both liberals talking about, say, how stupid Bush is, and laughing about it. After a few minutes of this, a guy nearby jumps into the conversation and laughingly says "Well, I think it'd be real funny if I put a bullet into your brain! Hahahahahaha!"

Right. It's psychotic and way more than a bit creepy.

If we are to accept that such a statement really is an attempt at humor, what the fuck do you say in reply? You know, just to keep the witty banter going. "Well, I think you conservatives need to be rounded up and put into camps!" Yeah, yeah, I know: that's not funny. Besides, I actually like quite a few conservatives, love some of them, in fact. I mean, I think they're deluded, or stupid, or misguided, but not worthy of murder. For god's sake, they're fellow Americans! They need to be persuaded, not killed, not even in metaphoric jest, which is counterproductive in terms of persuasion, anyway, and, like I keep saying, not even funny.

What the fuck is up with all this "kill the liberals" shit?

I think it's pretty obvious. These aren't really jokes. Great numbers of American conservatives really do want to see great numbers of American liberals murdered. I mean, okay, I'm sure that most of them would never ever act upon this desire, but I wonder how many of them would object if the White House started rounding up Democrats and taking them to stadiums.

Once upon a time, conservatism was a respectable, important, and necessary American philosophical point of view, but it has allowed itself to be infected with a vile strain of what clearly amounts to Nazism: principled conservatives would do well to use this time of right-wing disarray to purge themselves of such bloodthirsty anti-American elements, pushing them outside the ideology's mainstream, and toward the far lunatic fringes where they belong.

Okay, now that I think of it, it might be funny if Ann Coulter was murdered.


"We need to execute people like John Walker
in order to physically intimidate liberals, by
making them realize that they can be killed too."


Just kidding. See? It's funny.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$