Monday, October 13, 2008

FROM THE REAL ART SPORTS DESK
FUCK NO...
No. 11 Gators' offense revs up in rout of No. 4 LSU


From the AP via ESPN:

Tebow vowed to play harder following his last home game, a humbling home loss to Mississippi two weeks ago. The Heisman Trophy winner backed up that promise with his best game of the season Saturday night.

Tebow threw two touchdown passes to Percy Harvin and ran for a score, and No. 11 Florida thumped defending national champion LSU 51-21 at Florida Field.

"I think we had a little chip on our shoulder going into the game," Tebow said.

The fourth-ranked Tigers (4-1, 2-1 Southeastern Conference) had won six consecutive games, 19 in a row at night and 23 straight in regulation. Florida (5-1, 3-1) ended all those streaks with a fast start and some huge plays from Tebow, Harvin, Jeff Demps and Brandon Spikes.


Click here for the rest.

Okay, Saturday ended in bittersweet fashion for me. I mean, yeah sure, just another day in the SEC and all, losses are always tough when it's your team, but LSU just got the living shit kicked out them. It was enough of a bummer to tarnish my shiny burnt orange glow a bit; I had been hoping to accent that glow with some purple and gold highlights, but got purple and gold vomit all over me instead.

I watched until the very end, but I sure was tempted to turn the damned thing off numerous times, which I probably should have. Earlier in the day it was Longhorn glory; that night was just painful. I have no idea what went wrong. Florida just shut down the Tigers' running game, and our two quarterbacks looked young and inexperienced, which I guess they are.

And Tebow looked great. All the Gators looked great. Touchdown after touchdown after touchdown. The only analysis I can offer is this is the same inconsistency that has plagued LSU since I started paying attention in the 2004 season: the SEC is tough, but talented, well focused teams who are serious about winning can run the board. This goes back to Coach Miles. The Tigers shouldn't have lost to Florida by thirty points. He doesn't have their minds in the right place.

I guess. What the fuck do I know about football?

Hook 'em 'Horns!


LSU offensive tackle Ciron Black looks up at the scoreboard
during the final moments of an NCAA college football game
against Florida in Gainesville, Fla., Saturday, Oct. 11, 2008.
Florida won 51-21. (AP Photo/John Raoux)


$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$