Thursday, March 03, 2011

FAT TUESDAY...2010!

I never got around to posting my pics from Fat Tuesday last year, and I'm not doing my usual Thursday Star Trek post tonight, so I figure now is as good a time as any, since, you know, it's almost Fat Tuesday again, and I'll have new Mardi Gras pictures to post soon. At any rate, no major commentary on the photos. Just keep in mind that we started out in the
Bywater neighborhood around nine or so in the morning, marched with the Society of St. Anne into Marigny and then finally into the French Quarter for fabulous festivities. I've also got a couple of shots toward the end of the famous Rex parade down on Canal Street.

Also, remember that this was only a few weeks after the Saints won last year's Super Bowl, so many of the fleur dis lis images all over the place are of the football variety. Like the flag being held by the Joan of Arc statue across the street from the French Market.

Who dat!

Check it out:









































Happy Mardi Gras!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$