Thursday, September 13, 2012

15 Photos Of Libyans Apologizing To Americans

Got this from a friend on facebook. Here's one of the pictures:



















Click here to see the rest.

So, of course, I reposted the link on facebook; it's a nice gut-level response to the attack. I included this statement:

As far as I can tell, this is typical of the vast majority of Muslims worldwide. That means all these right-wing extremists who love to piss off Muslims should STFU. Like immediately.

That got an immediate response from an old school chum of mine who now has his own sort of center-right late night talk show on Houston radio:

Chris So right wing extremists are causing Muslims to kill people? I guess facts are pesky things...
And he included a link to an anti-Muslim site. This, of course, gave me the opportunity to expand my own thought:
Ron You're misquoting me, Chris. Look at it this way. I'm an agnostic, and have my issues with Christian theology, and there are certainly Christian terrorists out there, namely abortion clinic bombers and the like, but, as a theater artist, I would NEVER seek to enrage all of Christianity by, say, showing Jesus in gay sexual relationships or somesuch. That's just mean-spirited and accomplishes nothing positive while alienating the very people I might seek to persuade about my own views. Most Christians, I mean the vast majority, are good people just trying to live their lives in a tough world, even though I disagree with how they see the world. No reason to poke them with a stick. So, too, with all these extremist Muslim haters. What's the point in pissing off Muslims just because you can? No, they didn't cause the violence, but they certainly affected the already explosive cultural atmosphere. To sort of quote Spiderman, with the great power of free speech comes great responsibility. Clearly, these Muslim haters are, at the very least, irresponsible.
Facebook has really been inspiring me lately.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$