Sunday, April 06, 2014

Bill Maher: John Roberts Is A 'Liar' Or Too 'Naive' To Be SCOTUS Chief Justice

From Talking Points Memo:

"They say the Constitution was created by geniuses so idiots could run it," the comedian and liberal political commentator said Friday on his HBO show "Real Time With Bill Maher." "I need to amend that. I think the idiots have found a way to break it. I do. I think the idiots have finally won over the geniuses."

More here.

I've been trying to figure out what to say about this most recent Supreme Court decision pushing us, as ever, toward plutocracy and away from democracy, but the best I've been able to come up with is "ah crap, not again." Bill Maher, however, pretty much articulates the long and the short of it. The Court's conservative wing is either stupid or total liars. Either way, we're screwed.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$