Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Group puts Confederate flag on Ga. specialty tag

From the AP via Yahoo:

Georgia officials have once again approved a specialty license plate featuring the Confederate battle flag, infuriating civil rights advocates and renewing a debate among those who believe the symbol honors Confederate heritage and those who see it as racially charged.

More here.

I think I should be allowed to have a license plate emblazoned with a Nazi swastika in order to honor my German heritage.* No, no, this has nothing to do with the death camps, antisemitism, homophobia, and slave labor. It's just about my German heritage, you know, apfelwein, Goethe, sausage, and the pragmatism and efficiency of German culture. When you tell me my swastika license plate is offensive, you're oppressing me.

 (* Actually, I have no German heritage. This is for satirical purposes only.)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$