In light of the recent controversy surrounding Planned Parenthood, quite a few states launched their own investigations into whether the health care organization is honoring relevant laws. The Huffington Post reported Friday that the group passed its tests with flying colors: every state that investigated “found area Planned Parenthood affiliates to be in full compliance with state laws and regulations.”
A few observations.
1. This comes as no surprise to any and all intelligent Americans because these "sting" videos, created by a group of people with a long record of Nixonian dirty tricks, were obviously fake from the get-go.
2. Consequently, these have all been sham investigations, inspired by obvious bullshit, with the investigators very likely knowing before investigating anything at all that they would find nothing. That is, I'm betting that most, if not all, of these investigations are politically motivated, and therefore an abuse of official power.
I mean, maybe not the one in Massachusetts. That might just be stupid people. But the one right here in Harris County is CLEARLY politically motivated.
3. In addition to abusing governmental power, these investigations are wasting tax dollars for political axe-grinding. Do people still believe the Republican bullshit reputation as "good financial stewards"? If you do, you're an idiot. Really, the best way to lose your money is to give it to a Republican. He'll spend it on something stupid, and tell you it's good for you.
4. In spite of the fact that these investigations are now completely clearing Planned Parenthood of any and all wrongdoing, Republicans in Congress and state legislatures are moving to defund the non-profit organization, anyway. Because that's how they roll.
5. This is what twenty first century conservatives do: they lie, cheat, and steal, and believe they are totally justified doing so, especially if their victims aren't part of their tribe. Kind of like Scientology and "suppressive persons;" the gloves are off.
It's a crying shame, really. Conservatives used to be dignified and honorable, but thirty years of courting King Mob have brought them to a state of near total immorality. Because fuck you.
Monday, August 17, 2015
Posted by Ron at 6:41 PM