Thursday, March 20, 2003

HMMMM....

Still no "shock and awe," as my friend, Alan, generously and quickly pointed out. Earlier today, some NPR analysts were speculating that the military is trying to get Saddam to simply quit in fear and that the massive bombing campaign may not happen. This is, of course, good; thousands of lives may be saved as a result. But, as they say, we've only just begun to fight, and I fear that Saddam may try to make a real war of it this time: there is still the rot of death on the air...

However, I do pray for a quick end to the killing. I also pray that Bush comes through on rebuilding Iraq when it's all over--given that he forgot to include funding for the rebuilding of Afghanistan in his 2003 budget, I fear he may "forget" again.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$