Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Swaggart apologizes for gay killing remark

From the AP via the Houston Chronicle:

A complaint was filed with a Canadian broadcasting group, and Swaggart said his Baton Rouge-based Jimmy Swaggart Ministries has received complaints from gay groups over the remarks made on the Sept. 12 telecast.

In the broadcast, Swaggart was discussing his opposition to gay marriage when he said "I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry."

"And I'm going to be blunt and plain: If one ever looks at me like that, I'm going to kill him and tell God he died," Swaggart said to laughter and applause from the congregation.

Today, Swaggart said he has jokingly used the expression "killing someone and telling God he died" thousands of times, about all sorts of people. He said the expression is figurative and not meant to harm.

Click here for the rest.

Oh, it was just a joke. I see. Hahaha. Very funny. Like the old joke that compares pizza in an oven to Jews in a concentration camp. Or, better yet, like the joke that talks about roofing a house with sliced up black people. Funny, funny stuff. Swaggart just cracks me up. Really, he does.

That's sarcasm, by the way.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$