Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Sorry, George, I'm in the majority:
A letter from Michael Moore

From MichaelMoore.com courtesy of Working For Change:

Dear Mr. Bush:

I would like to extend my hand and invite you to join us, the mainstream American majority. We, the people -- that's the majority of the people -- share these majority opinions:


1. Going to war was a mistake -- a big mistake. (link)
2. You and your administration misled us into this war. (
link)
3. We want the war ended and our troops brought home. (
link)
4. We don't trust you. (
link)

Click here for the rest.

It really is amazing. When I think back to just a couple of years ago, when so many Americans thought the anti-war left was just nuts, when I was flipped off by passing motorists while I attended anti-war demonstrations, when hyper-patriotism was at its height, I have to just take a breath. Things have changed. We really are in the majority now: close to 60% of the US population thinks that invading Iraq was a mistake and that we should get the hell out, a far cry from the 80% or so pro-war majority during the run-up to the Iraq invasion.

Now, when the hell is our "democracy" going to reflect the will of the people?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$