Friday, January 20, 2006

"I think my record, the level of taint is
dramatically different than either of them."

Above quote from an interview on Fox News with the Republican House Policy Chairman John Shadegg, who is running for Tom DeLay's majority leader position, in reference to the fact that he and his two competitors also have ethics problems. It's an amusing comment by itself, in a sort of Bevis and Butthead way. However, in the hands of the Daily Show, it becomes one of the funniest television moments I've ever encountered. I'm sure you can guess what kind of jokes such a statement evokes, but, believe me, John Stewart and Ed Helms take it to a sublime level. Really it's all Helms, while Stewart plays Harvey Korman to his Tim Conway, holding on for dear life trying not to crack up himself.

Really, I haven't laughed this hard since I first saw the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles when I was in the fourth grade.

Go check the clip out over at Crooks and Liars.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$