Friday, September 28, 2007

O'Reilly: "[I]f I could strangle these people and not
go to hell and get executed ... I would -- but I can't."


From Media Matters courtesy of AlterNet:

Later during the program, O'Reilly stated that newspapers such as The New York Times and the New York Daily News, "ran up to Harlem and they fed black Americans bogus quotes from Media Matters." Continuing, he said, "Now, the black Americans up there, they didn't listen to The Radio Factor. They didn't know this was coming from Media Matters. ... So, the reporter ... feeds them the quote, and of course they say bad things about me." O'Reilly called these newspapers' actions "the height of racism." Apparently referring to the media who he said "ran up to Harlem and ... fed black Americans bogus quotes from Media Matters," O'Reilly added, "[I]f I could strangle these people and not go to hell and get executed ... I would -- but I can't. ... All I can do is expose them. And I will."

After warning "corrupt media" figures that they are "on notice," O'Reilly stated: "I'm coming after you. And I don't care if it's Bill O'Reilly, [Sen.] Hillary Clinton, [Republican presidential candidates] Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, [Sen.] Barack Obama. Anybody smeared by any media from now on, I'm holding them accountable. I'm going to hunt you down. Got that?" He went on to tell listeners, "[M]y campaign to hold the corrupt media responsible is going to help your life. Because no longer will these smear merchants be allowed to get away with it, as long as I'm in the chair. As long as I'm here, I'm hunting them down. And that means everybody."


More here, including transcript and audio.

So I was flipping channels around earlier tonight and saw that big cunt Nancy Grace's show for a minute or two before changing it to avoid vomiting. Moments later it finally hit me what it is about her that pisses me off so much. She claims to be a victim's advocate, always condemning the people she brands as bad guys in the harshest rhetoric allowable on television, always vociferously claiming the moral high ground. But it's become clear to me that she doesn't understand morality at all. For her, morality is a rulebook used to hit people over the head. Because she doesn't break the rules, she sees herself as superior, one who is allowed to judge everybody else. The reality is that morality comes from the heart. It's not about playing gotcha; it's about wanting good things to happen to people, all people. Morality is what you do because your heart drives you to do it.

And lemme tell ya: Nancy Grace has no heart.

Neither does Bill O'Reilly. This most recent stupid gaffe is a prime example. O'Reilly wants to murder people, but the rulebook says he can't, so he won't. A moral person, however, doesn't want to murder at all, ever, and rulebooks have nothing to do with it; moral people are moral because it's a large part of who they are as people.

I think it's safe to say that the big butthole of FOX News is an immoral person. But that's kind of obvious.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$