Monday, June 30, 2008

REAL ART VIDEO WEEK!

Actually, what that means is that I've started rehearsing a new show, and need to back away from blogging for a bit in order to memorize my lines. Instead of stumbling my way through with "Two from AlterNet" or scrambling to put out some haphazard thoughts on something I've barely read, I'm going to post some video, and lemme tell ya, there's quite a bit of it out there.

Essentially, it's just going to be stuff I like, cool TV shows, documentaries, great music videos, that sort of thing. Hopefully, this'll only take a week or so, and then I can get back to alternatively defending and attacking Obama, or whatever it is I do here.

Okay, Real Art Video Week Day One:

DOCTOR WHO: THE SUN MAKERS

From Wikipedia:

In the far future, the planet Pluto is habitable, heated by several miniature suns. However, the heat is available only to the ruling classes, the working population being oppressed by the ruthless, bureaucratic and omnipresent Company. When the Doctor and Leela arrive, they help to initiate a rebellion from the Undercity, and stop the evil company's plans once and for all.

Click here for more.

This one's good. It features my now favorite companion, the savage and primitive but savvy and clever warrior Leela, and some very humorous dialogue from the Doctor's computerized robot dog K-9. The episode is also very anti-capitalist, so you just gotta love it. It's divided into twelve eight-minute parts, and I'm embedding the first one, with links for the rest.

Enjoy.



Part two

Part three

Part four

Part five

Part six

Part seven

Part eight

Part nine

Part ten

Part eleven

Part twelve

More video tomorow!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$