Thursday, April 14, 2011

Poll: Tea Party losing steam

From the Seattle Post-Intelligencer a couple of weeks ago:

The percentage of Americans with an unfavorable view of the Tea Party movement has climbed since last fall, according to a new CNN/Opinion Research poll.

Forty-seven percent of Americans view the right-wing populist movement unfavorably, while just 32 percent take a favorable view of the Tea Party. A similar poll, in November, put “favorables” at 38 percent.


And

The latest poll finding shows that Tea Party “negatives” have reached the same level as those who take an unfavorable view of the Republican and Democratic parties.

More here.

Okay, that's good to hear because, you know, the Tea Party is an organization of pissed-off crackpot right-wing extremists who are so deluded that they ought not have any influence on public discourse. I mean, they're the "death panel" people, the "birther" people, the people who are loosely "libertarian" and unconcerned with social issues, except for abortion, and worshiping Jesus-with-a-sword, and brown people who speak Spanish having "anchor babies," the people who aren't racist, except when they're spitting on members of the Congressional Black Caucus, the people who are ethnically diverse, even though virtually all of them are white, excluding the odd recruit-of-color here and there to prove how non-white they actually are.

It's very good to hear that they've devolved into just another American institution that nobody believes in. But if that's the case, whey the hell was this sitting under my windshield wiper when I got off work?



How cute. They recruited a black guy to show everybody how they're not racist.

Anyway, is this what I get for driving a Yaris? I've really got to get some politically offensive bumper sticker to let these people know that they're wasting their paper and time with me. I think it's safe to say that the Tea Party isn't losing steam here in Metairie, which is no surprise because Metairie is very likely the most conservative place I've ever lived. I guess I'll know for sure on Friday: the rally is going to be while I'm at work, which is about a block away from their meeting location. Last time they rallied, we got a little pop at my restaurant when it ended, but that was last year, back when the Tea Party was a roaring engine on the way to smacking the Democrats on the ass in Washington.

Will we get another pop? I hope not; these people aren't very good tippers.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$