Monday, November 21, 2011

FROM THE REAL ART SPORTS DESK
TEXAS LOSES; LSU WINS


From the AP via ESPN:

Collin Klein's 2 TDs help Kansas St. slip past Texas

Collin Klein and Kansas State just keep finding ways to win.

A week after a wild overtime thriller, Klein and the Wildcats survived a dominating performance by the Texas defense for a rugged 17-13 victory despite gaining just 121 total yards.


More here.

Again from the AP via ESPN:

No. 1 LSU dominates Ole Miss to remain unbeaten

LSU's domination of Mississippi was so complete that with more than five minutes remaining in the game, the Tigers lined up in a victory formation, content to kneel four straight times rather than try for another touchdown.

It was the only mercy No. 1 LSU would show during the 52-3 rout Saturday night.

"Victory was assured," LSU coach Les Miles said. "There was no reason to take snaps at that point."

Actually, the Tigers had the win in hand much sooner.


More here.

While disappointed with the Longhorns loss, I did like a few things in terms of rebuilding. Texas' defense played great, holding the team that ran up 53 points against the Aggies last weekend to only 17 points against the 'Horns. And we ran the ball well. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to actually win, but, for the long term, meaning "next season," I'm hopeful. And I continue to be hopeful for beating the aforementioned Aggies later this week, which, in my heart will make this a good season, even without a conference championship, even without a big bowl.

LSU, in stark contrast, is so good that I didn't really watch much of the game. I mean, why bother? It was over by the end of the first quarter. It's nice to note that they got over their sluggishness from last weekend, but, my god, it's like me playing checkers against a four year old. Arkansas, I'm sure, will test LSU this Friday, as they usually do, but I feel pretty sure this is the Tigers' year. Like I keep saying, who can beat them?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$