Saturday, May 29, 2004

"KEEPING IT REAL" AT REAL ART

Mood.

My old friend and classmate from both high school and college, Matt, writes this in Real Art comments in response to my announcement (see below) about my being accepted into the LSU graduate acting program:

Congratulations!

However, remember something. You are a Texas Longhorn. You do not cheer for crawfish-sucking, swamp-dwelling, Ricky-Williams trading, Gold-and-Purple clad foreigners!

Where's your head, man?!?


Matt is, of course, absolutely right. I'll go watch the Tigers play some good football next fall, but my blood is burnt orange, and that's the way it'll always be. I am, indeed, a Texas Longhorn, and I promise to not let weird, LSU mania go to my head during my tenure in the swamps.

Images such as this will always be in my heart:





And memories like this will always be in my mind:

The Huskers' defense had one last chance to redeem itself, backing the Longhorns up to their own 3 with under four minutes to go. Brown, though, wasn't finished.

On fourth-and-1 from the 28, he found Derek Lewis on a 61-yard pass play to the Huskers' 11. On the next play, Priest Holmes scored and the Longhorns became the first champions of the Big 12 Conference.

"That was a tremendous call. It was a big gamble, but it worked," Osborne said. "Had we been able to hold them there, we would have been in pretty good shape."


Click here for the rest of my favorite Longhorn football memory.

Hook 'em Horns!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$