Sunday, March 25, 2007

Conan Announces Cast of Valerie Plame Movie

Okay, so I don't really think Conan O'Brien's show is funny. I mean, I suppose I've always liked his writing on The Simpsons, but his on-screen persona is just too consciously dorky for me to really get behind his jokes. That is, I think his show is pretty dumb. Now, having said all that, like all artists who keep plugging away, he does produce some gold from time to time, and this is one of those instances. Thanks to Crooks and Liars, I recently saw a Conan bit about an upcoming, but entirely fictional, Valerie Plame leak scandal movie: the gag, which shows who's playing whom, is simple enough, featuring really silly choices for the key political players, but it's pretty F'ing brilliant in its visual simplicity.

Here's a sneak peek:



Yeah, that's right, Vermont's Senator Patrick Leahy, who was once told to go fuck himself by the Vice President, is being played by Statler from The Muppet Show. Perfect, if you ask me.

Go check the clip out. It's short but sweet.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$