Thursday, April 02, 2009

Angie Harmon: Republicans "Don't Point Fingers" And "Have Class"

From FOX News courtesy of the Huffington Post newswire:

Harmon also admitted that she’s probably (unknowingly) lost jobs over her political views, and is pretty disillusioned over why so many Americans are not open to freedom of opinion.

"It's not like anyone has come up to my face and been like ‘I'm not hiring you because you're a Republican!’ But the media is so liberal and I get it, but I’m just confused on where we lost the respect for our fellow Americans. Not all of us are supposed to believe the same things and think the same way," she added. "I think the difference between the parties is, with the Democrats you can sit down with them and have a 15 minute conversation and if you’re not believing everything they say and buying into what they’re selling you, it is like you’re some dumb hick who doesn't deserve to live here anymore. But with the Republicans, it is like okay I want to know what you know, you want to know what I know, okay great lets go have a beer after work, we're still friends. I’m just confused as to where we lost that in America because it is everyone’s God-given right to think the way they think and that's fine. That's why our ancestors came here to America, to believe what they want, pray how they want and follow a religion with whoever they want."


More here.

This woman is rapidly becoming my favorite as heir apparent to Charlton Heston's Hollywood Republican legacy. I mean, nobody will ever outdo his infamous "from my cold dead hands" moment, but Harmon's "it is like you’re some dumb hick who doesn't deserve to live here anymore" packs its own subtle trailer park punch. And really, she's the perfect symbol for where the GOP is right now, confused, irrelevant, shallow, and with irrational feelings of persecution--Heston, strong and unflinching, was more appropriate for a bygone conservative era, the days of Reagan's "evil empire," the time of hippies fucking up your yard.

How old is this girl, anyway? Wikipedia tells me that she's only four years younger than me, but she talks like she just fell off the turnip truck. I mean really. The party that used dissent-is-treason as its bread and butter for eight years is the party that's open to diverse ideas? Only in Hollywood, I guess. I mean okay, like I wrote a couple of days ago, Ms. Harmon works and lives in the entertainment industry bubble, and Hollywood libs are as stupid as they are vicious. So I can understand some fair criticism as far as that field goes.

But she sounds as though she's talking more generally, about Democrats and Republicans from coast to coast. Can she really be that insulated? Does she really believe that most conservatives are open minded about abortion, gay marriage, taxing the rich, or "redistribution"? Apparently so. She ought to spend a few days out here with me in Metairie, where at least one resident openly declared at my restaurant the night Obama won, without a hint of irony, that "now it's going to be white slavery."

You know, I think I'm really starting to get a feel for celebrity bashing.


Sarah Palin's hotter than this.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$