Thursday, July 16, 2015

EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!

I shared this on facebook a couple of days ago:


The discussion thread for it was mostly pretty good.  But sometimes this happens:
John If you pay wage only increased 10 percent since 1978, you should probably get a better job. Maybe welfare only increased by 10 percent.

Ronald Yes, John, every man for himself is exactly what we need. "Get a better job." Dude, that only works when there are better jobs. And, for most Americans, there aren't. Thus, your comment is gibberish, having nothing to do with anything at all. You rightys need to stop talking in gibberish and get with the discussion.

John Well it is every man for himself. I don't want to work to support you. If you believe there are not better jobs then try harder Ron. The only gibberish is the poor me rhetoric wanting a Utopian society where everyone is equal and has the same amount. It doesn't exist. The world is what you make if it.

Ronald I don't know how to talk to someone who is obviously in utter denial of the reality all around him. I'm doing fine. This isn't about me. This is about our nation, which I love. That means loving the people in it, which you apparently do not. And you're pulling out the word "utopia," I see. Whatever. You conservatives ALWAYS start using that word whenever you've got nothing to say. More gibberish.

Anyway, I don't think you love this country. I don't think you understand the phrase "promote the general welfare" from the Constitution's preamble, which makes your entire understanding of this country suspect.

Also, I don't expect you to follow all my posts, but I've been very much on the record as believing that the economy exists to serve the people. Not the other way around. So if business can't provide the goods, WE SHOULD FORCE THEM TO DO SO. Otherwise, they're parasites.
Excelsior!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$