Thursday, August 06, 2015

MINDS NOT HEARTS

Posted this on facebook last night.

I just realized I've been unfriended by two people since I've started talking about Planned Parenthood. But you know, it seems to me that if you don't have much of a defense for your beliefs, if running away seems to be the only option, then you probably don't have much actual support for your beliefs. Just beliefs. And that very likely makes you wrong.

People don't know things in their hearts. They know them in their minds.

This is how I argue, by the way. I insist on specificity. I insist on the use of facts to support views. I insist on informed opinion. Anything less than that isn't an argument, isn't a worthwhile discussion. It's just shooting the shit. That sort of thing bores me.
'Nuff said.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$