Sunday, November 06, 2005

REAL ART'S THIRD ANNIVERSARY



Play "
Solfeggio," the Real Art theme song.

Monday, November 7th, makes three years that I've been blogging, and I have to say that I'm really enjoying myself with it all. As I've said many times, I have no illusions that I'm changing the world with my daily rants and commentary, but it's very nice to know that I am at least affecting a few people here and there, if only in that I'm being heard--at the very least, I'm getting a small sense of personal empowerment. In the more abstract sense, Real Art makes me feel like I'm finally getting to participate in that "marketplace of ideas" I've heard so much about all my life: granted, my contribution to this "marketplace" really only amounts to the proverbial guy on the street with watches and bracelets under his trenchcoat for sale for cheap, but that's something.


And my numbers are up overall. About a year ago, I was averaging around twenty hits a day or so, but lately, it's higher, between forty and sixty hits per day. I think I brought in some new regulars with my Katrina and Rita hurricane blogging, and I hope that my recent additions of (un)real art have helped, too.

At any rate, thank you very much, my dear readers and wayward internet surfers, for giving me an audience to which I can rant and rave. It's been a fun three years, and I hope to be plugging away at this still when nobody but nobody gives a crap about blogs anymore. Because, as amusing as you may or may not find my words to be, the real winner at Real Art is me. I really dig my blog. And I really dig you, dear readers, for stopping by.

Happy birthday Real Art!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$