Sunday, February 19, 2006

NEW MEMBER JOINS THE REAL ART TEAM

If you check out Real Art regularly, which most people don't, which is okay, really, you know that from time to time my former student from Baytown, Miles, who now attends my old school the University of Texas, will make a post here. He's welcome to post more, which he knows, but is clearly quite busy studying journalism in Austin. (C'mon, Miles, post more!) Actually, the whole idea for him posting here was his; he tried his own blog for awhile, but decided it was too much trouble to keep up with, and pitched the concept of writing here part time. It's worked out well, I think: we don't agree on everything, but we're close enough ideologically, and it's always cool to get another perspective.

With that in mind, I recently invited my buddy Tara from LSU, who often comments here, and who got her MFA in acting last spring and has moved on from Baton Rouge to another part of the country, to join what is now the Real Art team. Like me and Miles, Tara and I don't agree on everything, but we're both quite liberal, and with the added benefit of her concern for art and culture. Which might make for some interesting debate. She's a good writer, with a keen analytical mind. I'm looking forward to whatever she has to say.

So sometime in the near future, expect to hear from her--be sure to check the name tag at the bottom of each post to see if it's Tara, me, or Miles.

the real art team

tara

miles

ron


$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$