Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Texas A&M outshouts Westboro Baptist with Aggie Yell practice

From the Houston Chronicle:

The face-down took place about 8 a.m. Nov. 10 in front of the university's Rudder Theater Complex, 401 Joe Routt Boulevard.

There to meet the Kansas-based group were dozens of students carrying their own placards. Another group of about 100 Aggies gathered nearby at Simpson Drill Field for an impromptu yell practice, according to KBTX-TV. Like it sounds, A&M's  100-year-old tradition of yell practice is loud.

 

More here.

The longer I live, the more respect I have for the Texas Aggies. I mean, sure yeah, as a Texas Longhorn, of course, I condemn the Aggies. But that's just a football thing. Well, okay, I'm an LSU Tiger, too, and I love it when the Aggies beat everybody in the SEC except LSU. But I digress.

Aggies get shit done. You can depend on Aggies. And as long as they aren't hissing and doing upside down hook 'em 'Horns symbols, saying "t.u." instead of UT, all that stupid anti-Longhorn fish camp crap, they're usually good, friendly, intelligent, highly capable, upstanding citizens. As General George S. Patton once said, “Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war.”

Indeed.

You'd have to be a cold-hearted bastard not to appreciate the Aggies using their yell practice skills to face down the Westboro scumbags. I mean, yell practice skills. Who would have ever thought that would be worth a damn anywhere outside Kyle Field? That's what I mean when I say that Aggies get shit done.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$